Woods, Fuller, Shultz & Smith P.C.
Woods Fuller Law Firm is seeking an experienced full-time Legal Assistant to join our fast-paced Estate Planning practice group. Successful candidate will be a motivated, hardworking team player with impeccable organization and communication skills.
Primarily responsible for providing support for two to three attorneys on a daily basis but may be called upon to assist other attorneys as needed.
Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, Human Resources Director and assigned attorneys, this position provides administrative and secretarial support to attorneys in the firm. Maintains professional contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of firm and client matters.
- Efficiently operate computer with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Other duties as assigned by the HR/Office Administrator, Chief Operating Officer and/or Managing Partner of the firm.
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices. Any combination of secretary, paralegal or formal paralegal training will be considered but are not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read and write at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school or equivalent education.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of individuals both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints giving attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorney and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate by phone and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Ability to proofread material for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of clerical tasks and performing other essential duties.
- Ability to retrieve and distribute files, written documents or office supplies weighing up to 12 pounds and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves of up to 8 feet high.
- Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
- Long periods of sitting and typing.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Woods, Fuller, Shultz & Smith P.C. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, disability, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, or genetic information.