The Avalon Capital Group in North Sioux City, South Dakota is hiring a full time Corporate Paralegal.
Compensation: Competitive compensation, based upon qualifications and experience
General Description: We are a private investment company and family office with operations in the Midwest and West Coast.
We are seeking a paralegal with experience working in a corporate practice or experience in a law firm with business, employment, or transactional practices. The successful candidate will be a key player on our legal and business teams and is expected to take an active operational role in our enterprise. The candidate will be someone who has leadership experience and will have demonstrated their ability to operate as a team, has strong communication skills, has exceptional decision-making and problem-solving abilities, and is able to navigate ambiguous situations. Additionally, the successful candidate will manage the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) for our enterprise of approximately 70 people.
Your fit with our small team, attention to detail, and eagerness to work hard to complete projects or resolve issues with minimal supervision are qualities that are paramount for this position. The role offers a challenging, fast-paced, and continually changing environment where no day is the same. Advancement based on performance.
- Builds strong relationships with our clients and employees by becoming a trusted and knowledgeable resource.
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective research, fact finding, due diligence, or investigations.
- Assists in drafting and reviewing contracts, forms, filings, and applications.
- Monitors action items, filings, and calendars pertaining to enterprise contracts and licenses.
- Monitors litigation, claims, complaints, and appeals, and provides an active support role in such actions.
- Manages vendors and negotiates contracts, ensuring we are receiving the best products/services.
- Expertly administers and streamlines our HRIS solution, while maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits. Researches and proposes pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Reviews policies and practices and recommends best practices to maintain compliance. Assists with drafting new policies, standard operating procedures, and manuals. Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with company processes, regulations, training, and other guidelines. Performs audits to confirm adherence.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, collaborative approach to projects, and an innate desire to learn, including becoming the subject matter expert of the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Strong critical thinking and reasoning skills, with the ability to quickly identify issues, and suggest practical and creative solutions.
- Ability to review, understand, and succinctly summarize statutes, policies, manuals, procedures, forms, and general contracts. Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations is a plus, especially in South Dakota and California.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and utmost confidentiality, discretion, and tact.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, DocuSign or Adobe Sign, Microsoft SharePoint.
- Proficiency with Westlaw Practical Law or Lexis Nexis research solutions is a plus.
Education and Experience:
Meaningful experience as a corporate paralegal or paralegal in a law firm with business, employment, or transactional practices.
Flexibility |Unlimited Paid Time Off | Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision options | Health Savings Account | 401(k) Match
For further details, please go to: https://www.indeed.com/job/corporate-paralegal-operations-specialist-f6ee1ce1d2a4efbd
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to David Stoos at: email@example.com
Avalon Capital Group, II
David Stoos, General Counsel
801 River Drive
North Sioux City, SD 57049